Ha, ha, ha, yeah. Thought I’d totally hop on the bandwagon and write out my own responses to AceRailgun’s 50 questions. It seemed like an interesting way to spend half an hour and, as you all know, I freakin’ love lists so, I couldn’t resist!
Questions about anime
1. Who is your favourite male anime character?
Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club- more guys should be like him but, not all- that’d just be annoying!
2. Who is your favourite female character?
Yuuko Ichihara- she represents everything I want to be when I’m older.
3. What is your favourite anime soundtrack?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Bleach-both are fuelled with such energy! Oh but, Kino’s Journey has such a great OST too! So atmospheric!
4. What is your favourite anime opening + animation?
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP 1.
5. What is your favourite anime ending song + animation?
Eden of the East ED.
6. What is your favourite anime scene?
Too many great scenes but, the first that springs to mind is this scene during FMA: B where Ed and the crew are facing off against some of the homunculi when a shirtless, (an important detail) Ling bursts in on the scene, shoves a grenade down Gluttony’s throat whilst waving a cutlass about, ties him up, chucks him on the back of a jeep, (?) and rides off- I just remember thinking how cool that scene was! Ooh but, then there’s that scene during Spirited Away when Chihiro’s looking out over the newly-formed ocean at night, this brief moment of calm combined such beautiful art with such beautiful music that it’s always stuck in my head as a moment of ethereal beauty.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
A very positive character that’d teach me to get enjoyment out of everything, like Yotsuba or Cowboy Bebop’s Ed. I’d only want it to be for a short amount of time though, (a day perhaps) I don’t think I could keep up with their pace for an extended period of time!
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
It’s difficult to say because I have two very different sides to my personality, most only see the sweeter side to me but, online and around those I’m more comfortable with I’m more outgoing and less guarded about my opinions so, Lucky Star’s Akira Kogami?
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
Gives me something to do, not to mention that, because of anime, I’ve met some of my closest friends and continue to meet new, interesting people all of the time!
10. What is your least favourite thing about anime?
Not everyone thinks it’s as cool as I do.
11. Who is your favourite anime couple?
Well, Bleach’s Yoruichi and Urahara aren’t really an official couple so, I’m going to have to choose Spice and Wolf’s Lawrence and Holo- just such great chemistry between them!
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Plue from Rave Master/Fairy Tail. I’m pretty sure during one scene in Rave Master he fired lasers from his nose…
13. What anime would make a good game?
I think Gantz would’ve made a better video game than an anime- video games have more leeway when it comes to being gory and sexually explicit and Gantz’s ‘game’ operates on a point-based system, requiring its ‘players’ to enter into combat to survive- the perfect concept for a video game!
14. What game would make a good anime?
The Metal Gear Solid Franchise, though, what with its Japanese origin and all the cut-scenes, it’s pretty much an anime already!
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Pokémon. Though, the first anime I watched knowing what anime was was Death Note.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Yeah, when I die.
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
Josei, I am the target audience after all! Though, I also enjoy thoughtful, contemplative shows now and again…
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
Anything where there are way too many girls per guy…
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Only people I know well- being an anime fan tends to come with a lot of unfair stigma. Fortunately, most of my closest friends are anime fans themselves so, I can be a nerd as much as I like around them!
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No but, I will someday!
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Freezing- I was told it’d be like Claymore, it wasn’t.
22. What anime was better than expected?
Lovely Complex- I’m always surprised whenever anything my sister recommends me is any good and this managed to make it onto my Top 30!
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Sasuke vs. Itachi, Shippuden. Hands. Freakin’. Down. No shows do fights better than Shounen Jump shows!
24. Who is your anime waifu daaringu?
At the moment its No.6’s Nezumi but, it changes all the time!
25. What was your favourite video game as a child?
Brave Fencer Musashi, never completed it though- PS1 games were always so freakin’ hard!
Questions about me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
Whenever I’m talking to someone and a tiny bit of spit comes flying out, we both notice but, don’t say anything to stop it from becoming awkward, it does anyway. Luckily, incidences such as this are rare.
27. Can you drive?
No, but, I’m learning! Haven’t killed anyone just yet, which I take to be a good sign…
27.5. Do you own a car?
No, no point paying thousands for something I couldn’t use…
28 Are you mature?
I think so.
29. What year were you born?
1993, year of the rooster and release of Jurassic Park.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Cats. I read somewhere that cat-people were more intelligent than dog-people…
31. Describe yourself physically.
5 ft 1, Caucasian. A little on the scrawny side, short red hair, brown eyes, amazing fashion sense! ; )
32. What would you name your first child?
If it was a girl, Izzy, a boy, Edward but, I don’t want children so…
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
I was in a car crash and wasn’t belted up properly so, I hit the front seat, caught my eyelid on a zipper and slit it open, not nice.
34. What is your worse habit?
Eating too many sweets- it’ll be the death of me!
35. Do you drink or smoke?
Smoke, never. Drink, occasionally.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
Si, a blue, swallowtail butterfly on my ankle.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both- I don’t really sleep so…
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Once, after a 24-hour flight to Australia. I don’t usually sleep much.
39. Do you regret anything?
I regret nothing! Heh, I’ve always wanted to say that! Only joking, sometimes I regret not having enough balls to pursue a career as an actress…
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Yeah but, I’m more a ‘quality over quantity’ kinda gal so, no matter!
41. Do you wear glasses?
Nope- perfect 20/20 vision!
42. Are you a picky eater?
Yes, I despise cheese, which automatically cuts out 50% of the total meal population.
43. Would you die for someone?
Too many people, I should probably value my own life more.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Best not tempt me- I’d only use my powers for evil…
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
What, ghosts and stuff? Sure.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich- definitely couldn’t handle the pressure of being expected to look perfect all of the time!
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Wouldn’t you like to know?
48. Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveller or ghost?
Time traveller- I think it’d be pretty lonely to be a ghost.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I like to think everybody has a secret crush on me but, in actuality, they probably don’t!
50. Are you in a relationship?
Oui, with my boyfriend of roughly 4 months. He’s pretty great but, his taste in anime is somewhat disappointing…