I once wrote that I’d only feel as if I’d made it as a blogger once I’d made myself known enough to be tagged on the regular. So I guess I can call it a day now, because, folks, I’ve made it! This week I was tagged, not just once, but twice, as part of The Real Neat Blog Award. So, yeah, I’ll be seeing you around! Quit while you’re ahead and all that…
Nah, I won’t be calling it quits just yet! Instead, I’ll try answering Merlin and Lina’s interesting (if oddly goblin-centric) questions. A big thanks to the both of you for nominating me, it made my week!
But first, here are this challenge’s rules:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Without any further ado, here are my answers to Merlin’s questions:
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
A cat. But only a domesticated one. I often look at my pet cats, who spend the entire day eating, lazing around, and getting lots of love and cuddles, and think, wow, what a wonderful life you guys have.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
The power of flight. I’d love to have a beautiful pair of wings that would allow me to soar through the sky. I think it’d be amazing to have that freedom and to feel the sun ripple across my feathers as I fly…
- You have a hundred trillion dollars to spend on something to improve the world. What do you do with it?
Fund public education. I would like to see schools place more of an emphasis on languages, provide a better quantity and quality of food to those who qualify for free school meals (the allowance that I was allotted was only ever enough for a single sandwich), and for there to be opportunities to learn other important skills, like cooking, first aid, or sign-language. I know that this is a quite down-to-earth (and maybe a bit boring) way of using that huge sum of money, but I’d love for schools to better look after children and to teach them skills they actually need as opposed to facts they don’t.
- If you could meet with any three historical figures, who would you choose?
- Anne Frank
- J. R. R. Tolkien
- Mary Shelley
All inspirational writers, natch. I think meeting Anne Frank would give me some perspective on my own problems, I’d love to chat to Tolkien about the things that inspired him, and Mary Shelley was such an empowered, free-spirited woman, and so ahead of her time, she’s one of my heroes, so it’d be awesome to meet her!
- What is one thing you would like to see change anywhere in the entertainment industry?
I would like to see the sexualisation of children come to an end. This is a problem, not just in anime, but in Western media too. Remember that time when Millie Bobby Brown (just 13 at the time) was named one of TV’s sexiest stars by W magazine? I’ve heard some argue that the sexualisation of underage (fictional) anime characters doesn’t hurt anybody, but I think that, no matter how you look at it, lusting after children (even fictional ones) is pretty gross and a dangerous habit to fall into.
- What is one technology or scientific knowledge we don’t have yet but wish you could live to see?
Teleportation. It’d make seeing my friends and family in England much, much easier (and cheaper)!
- You have a magical genie, like the one from Aladdin. What are your three wishes?
- I’ve a friend dying of organ failure brought on by a congenital condition, so my first wish would be for her to be healed. If you’re the praying sort, please pray for her
- To have just enough money to no longer have to worry about money
- To, simply, be happy
Now for Lina’s questions:
- What’s your stance on killing goblins?
I’d probably be against it. They’re humanoid in appearance, so I’d probably feel guilty killing them
- What would be the best way to kill an evil goblin? (is there even good goblins?)
With kindness. ❤
- What would happen in a world where the goblins would be allowed to roam free?
I like to think that they’d adapt to our way of life in order to survive. The idea of a salary-man goblin really tickles me!
- Would you like to live in a world where goblins ruled?
Sure. They can’t do much worse than the people currently in charge, right?
- Who is your favorite goblin/-slayer? (yes, you can chose; be it the favorite goblin or the slayer that kills the goblin. And I am not necessarily talking about anime mind you.)
According to the oracle, Google, goblins and orcs are, in fact, one and the same, so my favourite goblin/orc would be that one from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers who says: “Looks like meat’s back on the menu, boys!”
- What is you favorite anime/movie/tv-series with goblins in it?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- This was plenty of goblins I’d say; who’s your best boy/girl of all the best boys/girls in all genres. Please elaborate and show me pictures. We need pictures after all them nasty goblins.
My best boy? Deku, for sure. He’s only nine years younger than me, but he’s so sweet, cute, and diminutive, he makes me go all momma bear! I wanna protect and show him off to everybody!
To close, I would like to nominate Raistlin0903, Winter Reverie, Alexie the Great, Average Joe Reviews, kawaiipaperpandas, KimchiSama, and Mel to answer the following questions (if/when you get the chance. No pressure):
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is the strangest/silliest thing that scares or creeps you out?
- What would be your dream job?
- Do you have any strange traits or skills? If so, describe one
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- Which anime character do you look most similar to?
- Which is better: tea or coffee? Be careful, there’s only one right answer!
Good luck, guys!