Yeah, boyyy, that’s what I’m talking about! This is actually the third time that I’ve been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award, so, hey, maybe I should stop doubting my blog and my writing capabilities quite as much? A big thanks to Voyager over on Galvanic for the nomination (and the much-needed confidence boost)! Sorry that it took me so long to get ‘round to writing this, December’s my busiest month, blog-wise, what with the 12 Days of Anime posts and my Year in Review. I’ll answer those burning questions of yours just as soon as I list the rules of this challenge!
- Display the Award Logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
Alright, Voyager, without any further ado, here are my answers to your questions:
1. What is your favorite anime protagonist name? Not the protagonist themselves, just the protagonist with the coolest sounding name to you.
Oh, gosh, I can actually think of a few… Bleach’s characters always had some really cool sounding names. Grimmjow Jaegarjaquez and Nelliel Tu Oderschvank were always my favourites (though neither are protagonists, as such)! I also really liked Baccano’s Jacuzzi Splot (did his creator just pick random words out of a hat?) and Banana Fish’s Ash Lynx (reads like an edgy 14-year-old girl’s OC).
2. Which Zodiac do you find more interesting – Eastern or Western? Or both, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Eastern. What can I say, I’m a big Fruits Basket fan!
3. You form a nonsensical club with your friends that no school board in their right mind would approve. What is it and how quickly will the student council come knocking to shut you down?
My college friends and I almost formed a board games club once. This was before things like board games cafes really took off in the UK… We never did do it, but, even years after graduating, we all still meet up for a good old board games sesh a couple of times a year.
4. Or WILL they shut you down? Name (and link to) Four bloggers to fill out your school’s student council – President, VP, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Ha, ha, no, the club would definitely get shut down! I don’t know any bloggers that are as serious about Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride as my afk friends and I!
5. What kaiju is your spirit animal?
Clover. Mum friend of the group. Seems like it’d be cute, but will actually mess you up.
6. What’s a manga/anime you’d recommend that you scarcely ever hear anyone talk about and would like to see get more attention?
Blood+. A criminally underrated anime. Here’s everything that I have to say about it, if you’re interested:
30 Days of Anime – #22 My Favourite Anime Weapon
7. Did you know you were basically awesome? Well… now ya do. So there. Guess that solved itself.
To close I would like to nominate Scott, terranceacrow, Annieme, Ayano Kitsune, and Lethargic Ramblings, to answer the following questions (you’re under no obligation to respond if you’ve neither the time nor the inclination to):
- Since 2019 has just wrapped itself up, what was your favourite anime of last year?
- How about your favourite blog post of last year?
- Which show are you most looking forward to this year?
- Do you have any new year’s resolutions or goals for this year?
- Do you have any hobbies, aside from blogging and watching anime?
- I’m hungry and all I can think about is food! What is your signature dish?
- Or, if you can’t cook, your favourite restaurant? Maybe I’ll visit it someday!
Congrats on the award! 😊
“My college friends and I almost formed a board games club once.”
Me and some friends formed a RPG club (informal, as all clubs were) my senior year. (1980-81, back when RPG’s were where the fringies and the weirdos hung out.) My next-to-youngest brother graduated from the same school in 1988 – and was president of the club *his* junior year.
Video games or Dungeons and Dragons?
AD&D mostly, some Traveller and other games. Video (computer) games were some years in the future, and consoles were… still pretty primitive (and very expensive).
“This is actually the third time that I’ve been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award, so, hey, maybe I should stop doubting my blog and my writing capabilities quite as much? ”
That’s a good idea! 🙂
Thanks for the nomination! You’ve given us some interesting questions, too!
Gotta agree with you about Blood+. Hyde’s OP (Season’s Call) was fantastic!
I’m still chronically unsure of myself when it comes to my writing! I know I ought not to, but I struggle when it comes to comparing myself to other people!
You’re welcome! And I haven’t forgotten that you tagged me in another post. I will get ’round to replying, I promise!